(Last Updated: Oct 2017)
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
Information Collection and Use
To fully use all application features the following authorizations are required:
- Camera permission. Allows CropsIT to access Camera device for capturing images.
- Location permission. Allows CropsIT to access current device location. Location is used when images of diseased leafs are sent on our server for disease detection, and for checking when user has changed region in order to support our business logic.
- Storage permission. Allows CropsIT to access device storage when accessing Gallery and for saving captured images of the infected leaf.
- Account permission. Allows CropsIT to check whether or not a Google Account is present on the device. If an account is present, we are using it for authentication on our server.
When you create an account with CropsIT, you give us your full name and email address, and create a username and password. If you want, you can give us a pseudonym instead of your legal name. We will also store your uploaded photos and precise information about the location of your mobile device. Note that the application recognizes and saves only the images of the leaf. All information are stored on our server will not be accessible by third parties.
What do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: Provide you with an amazing set of services that we relentlessly improve. Here are some of the ways we do that:
- Develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
- Thanks to precise location information, users of the CropsIT application can monitor the presence and development of the disease in certain areas.
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- Improve ad targeting and measurement, including through the use of your precise location data.
- Enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. We take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information (including, preventing the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of your personal information). Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are impenetrable.
If you use a password on the CropsIT, you are responsible for keeping it confidential. Do not share it with any other person.
The Personal Information that you provide in connection with the use of the CropsIT is protected in several ways:
- Access by you to your account profile is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. You should strive to use a strong, alpha-numeric password which you should not divulge to anyone.
- Your Personal Information resides on a secure server that only selected CropsIT personnel and contractors have access to via password.
We strive to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. While we use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case We discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.